Created by: Tzvetina Matova, Yoana Yordanova – Sojka, Andrzej Sojka, from Association ARTAREA and CPLR – ODK Pernik, Bulgaria.
Annotation: The main idea of the workshop is to give space and oportunity for the participants to connect with their own feelings and emotion through the body. Also to be able to notice the emotions of the others and to establish a comunication with them through the body. The workshop including dance techniques, impro – theatre and a lot of questions about the inner world of the participants.
3-4 main keywords: Listening and observing through body, movement, senses, honesty, connection
Intention: Make participants aware of their inner world and how to interact with the others through the body in the most honest way.
Duration: 3 hours
Target group: 12-20 years old
Approach: Non – formal Kinesthetic learning through movement and dance.
Description of the Exercises:
’’One, Two, Three, Clap’’ rule (Duration 20min.)
Intention: Ice braking, to know and feel each other and establish a phisical connection
- Make a circle and learn the “1, 2, 3 Clap” rule.
2. Start to walk through the space, while a beautiful calming music is playing. A random person says “1, 2, 3, Clap”, then says his/her name and all the people in the group repeat it. He/she shows a body part and all the participants start to slowly warm up that particular part.
3. Continue walking through the space and when you hear “1,2,3, clap” you have to touch:
1) one person on the shoulder
2) two people on the shoulders
3) one person on the shoulder and another on the knee
4) everybody should touch everybody
5) everybody should touch everybody but nobody should touch you.
Notes: playfull atmospher, Joy and trust
’’Solo’’ (Duration 20 min.)
Intention: To expand the sensation
Beautiful music is playing. The participants are given time to improvise and develope a dance solo that starts and finishes with the sculpturе.
’’Yes – No’’ Game (Duration 20 min.)
1. We place “Yes” and “No” signs at both ends of the space.
2. We start asking them questions connected to their feelings, fears, thoughts and world perceptions.
- Can you be honest?
- Do you like sharing your thoughts and emotions.
- Is there someone to shere them with?
- Do you have friends?
- Are there many of them?
- Have you ever been alone?
- Are you scared?
- Are you scared to be alone?
- Have you ever been disappointed?
- Have you ever been disappointed by your friends?
- Have you ever Been disappointed by your self?
- Have you ever been disappointed by your parents?
- Is there a part of yourself that you dislike?
- Is there a part of you that you would like to change?
- Are you able to be kind with the other?
- Are you able to be kind to your self?
- Were you honest in this game?
3. They answer physically by walking to either Yes and No.
We give them time and space to find a body position that expresses the new feelings and realisations.
Everybody starts to walk again through the space and at a certain point they have to find a partner and look at each other’s eyes.
Then they should verbalise with one word the feeling that they have found in each other’s eyes.
All start to walk again and somebody random says one of the words that he/she has heard for himself/herself. Everybody supports physically that person to create a sculpture that expresses this word.
5. “Choreography” ( 30minutes)
The participants were given a short piece of choreogrphy to learn and adapt in their own way so they can express their selfs through dance. Afterwards they had to incude the sculpture task in their solos.
One by one they performed their New phrases.
Reflection ( Duration 30 min.)
In circle everybody is free to share.
Space and self-awareness. Place to share experience, feelings, understanding of what just happened. Place for questions and finding answers.
1. How you feel?
2. What phases they went through?
3. Where you honest?
4. Where you surprised by your own answers?
5. What did you like in others solos?
6. Which moment was the best and which the wars from all workshop?
7. What you observed during this workshop about yourself?
8. Did you discover something new in the way you move?
the Key to Connection is implemeneted in the framework of Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme – key action 2, Strategic Partnership for exchange experiences.